Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jane Eyre: Chapter XVII

After Jane has not seen Mr. Rochester for ten days and has heard from Mrs. Fairfax that he might not show his face again at Thornfield for a year, Charlotte Bronte writes, "When I heard this I was beginning to feel a strange chill and failing at the heart. I was actually permitting myself to experience a sickening sense of disappointment; but rallying my wits, and recollecting my principles, I at once called my sensations to order; and it was wonderful how I got over the temporary blunder-how I cleared up the mistake of supposing Mr. Rochester's movements a matter in which I had any cause to take a vital interest."

Oh Jane. Don't fool yourself! Since you are so young in this chapter, I will give you a break and let you believe that one letter from that man wouldn't thrill your heart. Today, only two days after creating my new blog, I happily report my first prospect. And, no matter how cool I try to play it, I have to say that when I read my friend Beth's email, I was a bit excited. Oh yeah. That's me in the photo not looking excited. Deep breaths, we are all adults here. Check those insecurities at the state line and drive on through honey!

Interested? Stay tuned for the updates. Unlike the Bachelorette, you do not have to wait a week to see what will happen. After my two hour webinar on blogging today, (for work! Dear God-please make me a writer so I can fly far far away from here!) I learned that in order to get more buzz for my blog, I must update often. I vow to attempt to post at least a sentence daily.

Oh, and thanks to all of you who have sent a high five my way. Some of you, on the other hand, who have responded by, "that was an interesting few paragraphs you wrote last night" or "you have finally lost it" obviously needs to read up on here for a few giggles and a look into my true soul.

LOL! That was meant to be funny! Ok, I realize there are only a select few who get it. If you are one of those: stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment