Sunday, September 13, 2009

True Love

On Friday I received a voicemail from my dear friend and life mentor, Carver. I was encouraged by his encouragement to keep writing; however, I have taken a break to ponder his comment after that. Take a few deep breaths, relax, let things happen. Yes, Carver and I met in a Yoga class. So, after my first date as a result of this blog, I am doing just that. Pondering. Less than twelve hours later I bought the audio book titled True Love by, um, OK, some Buddhist monk whose name I cannot recall. All the way back from Asheville, I tried to breath in and breath out and memorize his mantras. They seem so simple. "I am hurting, can you help me?" Or something like that. Profound, yet seems so simple. I am now going to replay the chapter on listening. Apparently, I was thinking about my date which failed to promise true love instead of vowing to truly listen to his words. So, Carver: I promise to at least TRY to calm down. Just like you suggested: today I am lounging with the cat being thankful that I am not staring at someone across the table with gravy running down their mouth. Maybe you should start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment