Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Love in a Spin Class?

Ok, yes. I know that I work in a "gym", but my job is not jumping around all day on the fitness equipment. (With the corporate wellness boom, I don't understand why people still refer to me as only a Personal Trainer or Aerobics Instructor). Anyway, my point is: I still need a place to work out. A place to go where all of my stress is burned right out of me. A place like spin class at the local Y. I go in and take a bike in the back. I try to keep a low profile when attending any fitness classes, especially cycling. I just never feel right. I can't get my seat right, the handle bars, the clips. It is just so overwhelming and I'm off the bike, on the bike, readjusting every second. No wonder my experience on a moving bike has not been so successful either. Ok, the music is starting. Finally. Hopefully this perky looking thing has some hard core rap on her mix so I can get all of this funk out of my system. Warm-up started with some Creed sounding band. Maybe it was Creed. Then, while I am trying to visualize the stress flowing out of me with every stroke of the pedal, she starts talking. "Woo! Oh, yea! We gotta start getting in shape for next summer already, right? Woo! That's it. Take it up to gear 13. Oh yea! Now, third position: arms forward, butt back. Come on." I'm sorry, but I am used to hearing the arms forward butt back instructions during different circumstances. Then some band comes on that she says is called Goo Roo Josh Project. Josh, no Joe, no Jack. Ok, thank God only 20 more minutes to go. That means only four bad songs. Fast forward to the last song Chasing Cars..is that the song or the band? Finally, the cool down! Oh no. Love is a Battlefield? Does that Jordan girl sing that? Then the instructor comments, "What does this teeny bopper song mean anyway. I don't know what it means, but it's a good song." What? Obviously you've never had your heart broken little missy. If so, maybe you would pick some better music. At least there were some people my age in the class, and if I wouldn't have snuck right out of there, I may could have met the one. See what I mean about dating these days? For those of you PlusOnes, It is more difficult than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment